About Me

My photo
This blog is about what happens to a former newspaper photographer when she becomes a mama and moves home to raise her kids. I'm a wife to my best friend Michael who is a photographer for the Tulsa World. I am a mama to two beautiful girls who make me laugh every day. I was born and raised in Oklahoma and I think it's a wonderful place to raise our children. I was a newspaper photographer for 13 years before leaving to stay home with my girls. One of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I am blessed with the ability to stay home with the girls mostly but also freelance photography some. Sometimes I can't believe I'm actually getting paid to do something that is so fun! I recently heard someone say "I spent my 20's thinking I knew everything and I have been spending my 30's proving myself wrong." I relate so much to that because I realized a while back that I spent my 20's thinking mostly about myself and my career and I have spent my 30's mostly thinking about our children and how I could stay home with them more and work less.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

I not only want this cookbook but I want to be friends with this woman. She made the same decisions I have made and it seems to have turned out well for she and her two daughters. Mike and I made the decision together for me to quit my great job at a large newspaper and move back to Oklahoma so I could stay home with the girls and work around their schedules. So far so good and we wouldn't have it any other way. But sometimes I wonder if they realize the sacrifices we make for the bigger cause?? Will they ever realize it or care? I hope so and I hope they agree that we made the best decision for our family.
I cried when I watched this little promotional video and I can't help but wonder....was it because I could relate so well to her story, was it because I just lost my mother or is it that I am just a sap?
I haven't posted anything since mom died and I haven't felt much like blogging because she was my biggest fan and biggest cheerleader and I always joked that she was the only one who read bylines back when I worked at newspapers and she was the only one reading my blog probably. I was 20 years old when my mom was my age and I think about that a lot. She was a great mom and she was so very young. How did she know what she was doing? How did she do it? I wish she were still here so I could tell her that she made all the right decisions with me and my brother. That's what a mother really wants is to know they are doing alright. That's what I want to know anyway. Am I doing this right? Did I make the right decision? Am I feeding them right? Am I dressing them right? Blah...blah...blah....

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-One-Dish-Dinners-Need-Get-Togethers/dp/0547195958/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286739709&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment